By: Michael L. Jackson
Eleven Kelley School of Business juniors and seniors have been recognized by the IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations in the 16th annual release of the Top 100 students. Kelley’s 11 student representatives are third most on campus behind the School of Science and the School of Engineering and Technology.
Four of this year’s Top 100 recipients are repeat winners. Aaron Buchanan, Alexus Laird, Jhalak Patel and Lynnette Sauer were among Kelley’s 14 Top 100 students in 2014. Two Kelleys, Sauer and Rishi Chandra, were voted Top 10 at the 2014 awards dinner.
More than 2,100 students were nominated for the Top 100 this year, including 142 from Kelley. Students are selected based on scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities on campus, and civic and community service. This year marked the 10th time that Kelley students have comprised at least 10 percent of the Top 100. Kelley had a record 16 students in the Top 100 in 2007 and 2002.
Kelley’s 2015 Top 100 students:
- Samantha Bredhold – Marketing, Supply Chain Management, International Studies
- Aaron Buchanan – Finance, Supply Chain Management, International Studies
- Hui Xin (Cyndi) Chee – Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management
- Alexus Laird – Accounting, Finance
- Zijun Li – Marketing, Supply Chain Management
- Jhalak Patel – Accounting, Finance
- Lynnette Sauer – Management, International Studies, Painting
- Peyton Zehner – Marketing, Supply Chain Management, International Studies
- Aishwar Agarwal – Accounting, and Finance
- Jacob Brown – Human Resource Management, Management, and International Studies
- Zachary Treon – Marketing
This year’s honorees will be recognized at the Top 100 dinner April 10, where the Top 10 female and Top 10 male, Top female and Top male students will be announced. Indianapolis Motor Speedway president J. Douglas Boles will be this year’s keynote speaker.
Congrats to all of this year’s winners.