College involves a time of tremendous change for Kelley students as some move from teen to adult while others transition from novice to skilled professional.
Whatever your level of change, the transformation provided by the Kelley School experience is real and tangible. To celebrate this milestone period, Kelley Indianapolis will host the Feb. 15 Backpacks to Briefcases event and highlight the changes that take place during four years of business school.
This event will provide insights to help you maximize each year and the resources available at Kelley. The second floor of the BS building will include a host of activities to guide your growth, from student involvement and transition into Kelley to financial and career planning.
“Students tell us all the time about the things they wish they would have thought about earlier in their education. This event will be a one-stop shop to help you learn and think about what’s important as you begin business school or even prepare for graduation,” said Tiffany
Rife, assistant director of alumni relations and special events.
Did you know a good portion of Kelley seniors cannot cite their credit score?
Many new Kelley students say they were confused by their transition from University College to business school.
Some students think the Career Planning Office only works to help juniors and seniors.
These issues and more will be explored during Backpacks to Briefcases from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Feb. 15 on the second floor of the BS building.
This event is open to all students interested in business degrees. Kelley staff and faculty will be serving free hotdogs to students.
Among the stations on hand to enlighten students are:
- Financial Planning, where trained professionals will help students understand paying for college and preparing their bank accounts after graduation
- Academic Programs, where advisors will be on hand to answer questions about mapping out your degree or transitioning into Kelley
- Career Planning, where Kelley’s highly trained staff of career advisors will help you understand how the CPO can help you land a job or internship that is right for you
- Campus Involvement, where students from all walks of life will help you understand the wealth of opportunities on campus for you to get involved and have an impact.
- Chat with the Chiefs of Kelley. Kelley faculty leaders will be on hand to directly engage with students.
One of the cool opportunities available at this event will be a backpack weigh-in, where you can prove to everyone your workload is worthy of respect. You could win a leather Kelley briefcase if your backpack weighs in the most (no cheating: only normal school items will be acceptable).
Also, we’re asking you send us photos of your backpacks leading up to the event. These photos will be featured on the Kelley Indianapolis Facebook and Twitter page and will help others understand the heavy load Kelley students carry at a top business school.
Please send your backpack photos to email@example.com.
Keep your eyes open to the halls and TVs in the BS building for more information about the activities available at Backpacks to Briefcases.